We are happy to announce that the latest version of GrandVJ 2.1 has now entered the public beta phase.
We always aim to offer the highest quality software solutions and we believe that this can only be achieved with your participation and feedback. Your help is really welcome in stabilizing this version, so please bring up any issues or bugs that you might encounter. And, if you like everything you see, positive feedback is also appreciated.
We are, at this stage, still working on a few remaining issues however if you are running Mac OS X Yosemite or Windows 10 we recommend to use this beta rather than the last official version.
So, wondering what the newest features in GrandVJ 2.1 are? Download it here and start testing right now!
Download links and Beta notes can be downloaded here:
Please note we do not recommend you to uninstall your GrandVJ software. This beta can be run directly from any directory.
What’s new in the Public Beta 2.1
- Full compatibility with OS X Yosemite
- 5 new effects (Beat glow, Hue masking, Earthquake, Color Cycle Hue, Color Cycle Luminance)
- New Blend Modes (many of them!)
- Auto Play mode (to play all visuals in a bank or on a keyboard)
- Random jump play mode (to play randomly various parts of a movie)
- International text font effects (for foreign languages such as Japanese or Chinese)
- Timecode synchronization support (look for TC play mode and send SMPTE audio signal)
- Support for new Akai controllers with light feedback (APC40 MKII and APC Key 25)
- Support for AlphaSphere controller
- New Audio Sync time reference (for audio priority synchronization)
- Fixed stability playing Quartz composer effects and movies
- Display Statistics (Preferences->Advanced and will display on the output)
- Fixed preview issue
- Improved handling of big libraries
- Improved MIDI mappable controls
- Better handling of audio only files
...and many other more minor improvements.
The best way to send us some feedback is to use the form here:
We are looking forward to your comments!